TRAVELING THROUGH TIME - ZONES, THAT IS
It may well be that you are fortunate enough to enjoy some summer travel that will take you far enough from home that you will cross some time zones. As outdoor enthusiasts tend to do, they are generous with their knowledge of memorable Great Outdoors adventures and here are some of their best tips.
- Prepare, prepare, prepare.
- A rule of thumb is that each time zone you cross will cost your body a day to adjust.
- East is a beast, West is best.
- When traveling east your body will be tired earlier so you will have to try to stay awake a little longer than is comfortable. Use artificial light to help.
- Sleep masks can be helpful when traveling west to trick your body into sleeping earlier.
- Children are a special challenge so before you leave home begin to make incremental changes in meal and nap times approximately 15 minutes at a time before traveling.
Use these tips to maximize the benefits of a great vacation trip and …
REMEMBER THE GREAT OUTDOORS!!