TODAY IS THE TOMORROW YOU WORRIED ABOUT YESTERDAY!
Today Is The Tomorrow You Worried About Yesterday
That was the sign that hung in my friend’s kitchen and I remember the time during which I couldn’t figure out what it meant. I also recall the first time I did. This week between Christmas and New Year’s the listings of noteworthy events of 2022 will be everywhere. Best, Worst, First, Last – you know what I’m talking about. I suspect that you are like most of us here on the Mountain and there will be some events about which you will feel, “Oh yeah, I forgot about that!”.
We conducted a brief (and non-scientific!) survey about memorable events in the lives of us Mountaineers and herewith are a small sample!
- “We were able to attend a college football game in which our nephew played.”
- “My husband made a repair on an expensive piece of travel equipment using tools and materials he already had in the garage, thereby saving the $1600 repair estimate he had obtained.”
- “My little boy played at the beach (in a bay with small wave action) and squealed with delight that I had never heard before as he experienced the movement of the water!”
- “We finally made it to Niagara Falls and it doesn’t disappoint!”
- “It doesn’t sound like much, but it seemed as though people were extraordinarily kind and courteous to my wife during our air travels. She is newly-confined to a wheelchair and what with the headlines this year we were pleasantly surprised!”
- “After holding our breaths for 6 months we breathed a sigh of relief when our grandparents did not have to endure a hurricane.”
Our wish for all of our customers, subscribers and readers is to note that every day - in daily adventures as well as planned getaways – offers an opportunity to …
REMEMBER THE GREAT OUTDOORS!!