TIPS FOR SPRING BREAK PLANNING
The sun’s love beckons us to break away from the confines of the cold. Hey, maybe that’s why it’s called “Spring Break”! Every outdoor adventure is best enjoyed when careful planning smooths our path and minimizes emergencies and interruptions of fun. We’ve collected the following tips to guide you to an amazing, fun trip and recharge your batteries!
- Leave your exact itinerary with a trusted friend or family member. Include your dates and forms of travel, your destination name, address and phone number.
- When you post to social media take care not to reveal your precise location
- Avoid 1st floor hotel rooms as they are the most frequently robbed, and leave your jewelry at home.
- Use the buddy system and always designate a meeting place in the event you become separated.
- Share a “code word” with each other as a signal in case you are in a dangerous situation.
- Protect your skin and your eyes from the sun with sunscreen, sunglasses and wide-brimmed hats.
- If you travel on land have your vehicle, including the tires, checked before you leave.
- When cycling or enjoying water sports include your safety equipment like helmets and life jackets.
As the saying goes, “Spring Forward” toward all the activities that the warmer weather allows, and ...
REMEMBER THE GREAT OUTDOORS!!