MORE AND MORE S'MORES
The essential ingredient in every S’mores concoction is a “perfectly toasted” marshmallow. So before we take a deep dive in some of the tastiest recipes we could find, let’s review our technique.
- Find some red-hot areas of your fire
- Use skewers (metal, wooden or on-the-spot branch) that are 3 – 4 feet long for your safety
- Hold the skewered marshmallows about 12 inches from the heat
- Rotate the skewer continually for about 3 to 5 minutes to achieve a perfect golden brown
Now, let’s get to work finding the right combination of other ingredients:
The traditional cookie is the Graham Cracker. Try some of these others:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- Pecan Shortbread Cookies
“S’more” Ideas for you to try:
- Lightly coat the melted marshmallow with cinnamon sugar or other flavorings
- Make a layer of fruit like sliced strawberries, bananas, peaches, etc.
- Peanut butter and Almond Butter can be used as a layer
- Consider using dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate
These special treats are a must-have on all camping trips from the “tents” your children make in the house, to your backyard to campgrounds or the wilderness. Continue to be creative in the ways you prepare to increase your treasure chest of nostalgia and . . .
Remember the Great Outdoors!!