Identifying the Largemouth Bass
Black Bass, Bigmouth Bass, Marsh Bass, Chub, Stra Bass, Bayou Bass, Green Bass, Mossback, Slough Bass, Oswego Bass
- Found all over North America.
- Average weight: 2 – 3 lbs. (900 – 1,400 g)
- Color: Greenish bronze with darkness depending upon water.
- To differentiate from Smallmouth Bass: Mouth on Largemouth extends past area below the eye and fins on back are separated.
- Morning and evening they enter shallow water. During hot hours they enter deep water holes.