- There are at least 400 bicycle clubs in America, with membership ranging from 10 to 4000 members
- The first human-powered land vehicle was constructed by Giovanni Fontana in 1418.
- An estimated 130 million bicycles were produced worldwide in 2007 (more than twice the 42 million cars produced.
- The term “bicycle” first entered into popular usage in France in the 1860’s
- There are roughly one billion bicycles in the world – about twice as many as motor vehicles.
- The prototype of the mountain bike was developed in 1977.
- Half of all the parts of a typical bicycle are in the chain.
- The longest “tandem” bike ever built was almost 67 feet long and could seat 35.
- Helen’s School in Newbury, Ohio has a Unicycling Drill Team founded in the 1960’s.
- The smallest adult bicycle ever created had wheels made from silver dollars.