8 REASONS TO BUY FISHING GLOVES
Fishing gloves are an important and often-overlooked item in a tackle box. There are a variety of gloves that suit the conditions in which you fish as well as the kind of fish you want to catch. Following is a list of 8 reasons to wear fishing gloves and guidance for choosing the right kind for the fishing you do.
- Protect your hands from sharp fish scales, spikes and fins.
- Protect your hands from blisters and line cuts.
- Fend off potential punctures from hooks or sharp fish which can lead wound infection.
- They are wind- and water-resistant as well as offering sun protection and warmth for fishing in extreme temperatures.
- Gloves provide extra grip on the reel.
- You need the extra grip when handling a fish at the catch and while filleting.
- The right fishing glove gives you comfort for hand fatigue without inhibiting your dexterity.
- Gloves with bare fingertips for fly fishing allow you to tie flies with greater dexterity and less protection..