5 TIPS FOR TIGHT LINES
But I’ve gotta stop wishin’, Got to go fishin’
Jimmy Buffet, “A Pirate Looks At Forty”
You don’t have to be at "rock bottom” to need the freedom and enjoyment of a good old fashioned fishing trip after the cabin fever of winter. Your home isn’t the only place that needs spring cleaning. You need a good tackle box that is clean, well-organized and well-stocked. Take these tips to prepare yourself and your gear so you’re always ready for every opportunity you get to wet your line!
- Lubricate your reels
- Check your rods for rust, especially the line guides
- Empty your tackle box so you can wash and dry it
- Create an inventory of all the tackle you need
- Organize your gear so you can check it against the inventory
Common items to consider include:
- Needle nose pliers
- Knife Scale
- Fishing line – new every year
- Sharp hooks
- Fishing Gloves
- Safety gear like vests
- Rain gear
- Bug Repellant
Keep your lines tight and ...
REMEMBER THE GREAT OUTDOORS!!